The Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship program founded by the Hungarian government is available for international students and to the degree programs offered to international students at Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) in Budapest, Hungary.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Program aims to promote cultural understanding, economic and cultural relations between Hungary and other countries.
The program offers:
- Exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies)
- for BA/BSc, MA/MSc and one-tier master level programs: cca EUR 130 monthly
- for doctoral programs: cca EUR 450 monthly for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and cca EUR 580 monthly for the second phase (4 semesters)
- Free dormitory place or additional contribution to accommodation costs: cca EUR 130 monthly
- Medical insurance
We are inviting students from your country to participate in the program and to apply for the scholarship to study at Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE), the number one research university in Hungary.
Application deadline: 16 February 2018
Online application: https://apply.stipendiumhungar
Please check the partner institution from your country:
About Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) in Budapest, Hungary:
ELTE (founded in 1635) is the leading research university in Hungary. It is the most popular higher education institution among applicants as well as alma mater of five Nobel laureates and leading figures in technology, public policy, and culture in Hungary.
ELTE has been participating in the program since 2013/2014 and currently there are almost 600 Stipendium Hungaricum students from 55 different countries studying in one of our degree programs fully in English at six faculties.
Our degree programs for international students:
More information here.