The submission period for the Green Talents Competition 2018 is open now. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) has held the prestigious “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” to promote the international exchange of ideas regarding green solutions since 2009. The award, whose patron is Minister Anja Karliczek, honours 25 young researchers from around the world each year. The winners come from various scientific disciplines and are recognised for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable. The call is still open to ALL disciplines.
The Green Talents are selected by a high-ranking jury of German experts and are granted unique access to the elite of the country’s sustainability research field. This includes:
• An invitation to Germany in 2018 to participate in a fully funded two-week Science Forum. While touring Germany, top locations will open their doors to the Green Talents and offer them an exclusive insight into their facilities and projects.
• A chance to present themselves and their work in personal discussions held as part of individual appointments with experts of their choice (during the two-week Science Forum).
• A second invitation to Germany in 2019 for a fully funded research stay of up to three months. At an inspiring location of their choice, the Green Talents will gain new experiences and advance their professional careers while establishing long-lasting partnerships.
• Exclusive access to the “Green Talents network” of currently 207 high potentials in sustainable development from 57 countries.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Enrolment in a Masters or a PhD programme in any field related to sustainable development or must have completed their degree (Master/PhD) with significantly above-average grades in a similar programme no more than three years before the end of the application process.
• Excellent proven command of English.
• A non-German citizen or anyone not residing in Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary).
See the flyer here.
Find the trailer and further information on the website www.greentalents.de.