If your are a student from a partner university and decide to study at Universidade Federal de Santa Maria (UFSM) you should:
- Go to the International Affairs Office of your home university and express your interest in being an exchange student at UFSM. Then, they will send us your nomination.
- After, you have to read carefully the instructions about nomination and application informed in our Factsheet and send us all the required documents;
- Then, we forward your documentation, including the study plan (see the sample below), to the undergraduate or graduate coordinator, in order to be approved, so that we can issue your acceptance letter;
- Once you are accepted at UFSM and receive the acceptance letter, you can apply for the Brazilian student visa and remember: to study at UFSM you must have a student VISA;
- As you receive the acceptance letter, our Student Relations unit will send some instructions and important information, about the Buddy Program and the Host Program, for example, through the Student Guide.
DEADLINES FOR NOMINATION: The partner universities must nominate students by the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, according to the following deadlines:
- Until June 15 (for mobilities starting in the second semester)
- Until November 15 (for mobilities starting in the first semester)
APPLICATION DEADLINES: The international student must send the required documents for the application by the e-mail email@example.com, acccording to the following deadlines:
- Until June 30 (for mobilities starting in the second semester)
- Until November 30 (for mobilities starting in the first semester)
Fact Sheet 2022:
Study Plan (portuguese – english – spanish)
International Student Registration (portuguese – english – spanish)