If your are a student from a partner university and decide to study at Universidade Federal de Santa Maria (UFSM) you should:
- Go to the International Affairs Office of your home university and express your interest in being an exchange student at UFSM. Then, they will send us your nomination.
- After, you have to read carefully the instructions about necessary documents and application deadline informed in our Call (see below) and send us all the required documents;
- Then, we forward your documentation, including the study plan (see the sample below), to the undergraduate or graduate coordinator, in order to be approved, so that we can issue your acceptance letter;
- Once you are accepted at UFSM and receive the acceptance letter, you can apply for the Brazilian student visa and remember: to study at UFSM you must have a student VISA;
- As you receive the acceptance letter, our Welcome Department will send some instructions and important information for you about our Buddy Program, Host Program and the Student Guide.
The deadline to apply for the period of studies from March to July (1st semester) is November 20.
The deadline to apply for the period of studies from August to December (2nd semester) is May 27.
– See the entire CALL for UFSM bilateral mobility (upcoming semester), in the following documents:
– Important documents:
Study Plan sample:
Application Form for International Student:
– Follow UFSM Academic Calendar deadlines:
A list of all available undergratuate courses and programs can be found at: http://w3.ufsm.br/prograd/index.php/documentos/ppcs-projetos-pedegogicos/8-paginas/10-cursos-de-graduacao.
The UFSM grading system is available here.
– Information about Passport and Brazilian Visa:
- The foreign citizens that are interested in coming to Brazil should go to the Brazilian consulate or Embassy closest to them, so they can be assisted about the appropriate type of visa. To consult the list of Brazilian government representations, access the following link: www.itamaraty.gov.br.
– Bilateral Agreements
- Check the universities that have agreements with UFSM: Partner Universities
PS.: For further information about the selection processes at your institution, check the dates and necessary documentation with the Office in charge of International Mobility at your univeristy.