If your are a student from a partner university and decide to study at Universidade Federal de Santa Maria (UFSM) you should:
- Go to the International Affairs Office of your home university and express your interest in being an exchange student at UFSM. Then, they will send us your nomination.
- After, you have to read carefully the instructions about nomination and application informed in our FACT SHEET (see below) and send us all the required documents;
- Then, we forward your documentation, including the study plan (see the sample below), to the undergraduate or graduate coordinator, in order to be approved, so that we can issue your acceptance letter;
- Once you are accepted at UFSM and receive the acceptance letter, you can apply for the Brazilian student visa and remember: to study at UFSM you must have a student VISA;
- As you receive the acceptance letter, our Student Relations unit will send some instructions and important information, about the Buddy Program and the Host Program, for example, through the Student Guide.
– DEADLINES FOR NOMINATION: The partner universities must nominate students by the e-mail email@example.com, according to the following deadlines:
– Until June 15 (for mobilities starting in the second semester)
– Until November 15 (for mobilities starting in the first semester)
– APPLICATION DEADLINES: The international student must send the required documents for the application by the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, acccording to the following deadlines:
– Until June 30 (for mobilities starting in the second semester)
– Until November 30 (for mobilities starting in the first semester)
– Fact Sheet 2022:
– Important documents:
Study Plan sample:
Application Form for International Student:
– Follow UFSM Academic Calendar deadlines:
A list of all available undergratuate courses and programs can be found at: http://w3.ufsm.br/prograd/index.php/documentos/ppcs-projetos-pedegogicos/8-paginas/10-cursos-de-graduacao.
The UFSM grading system is available here.
– Information about Passport and Brazilian Visa:
- The foreign citizens that are interested in coming to Brazil should go to the Brazilian consulate or Embassy closest to them, so they can be assisted about the appropriate type of visa. To consult the list of Brazilian government representations, access the following link: www.itamaraty.gov.br.
– Bilateral Agreements
- Check the universities that have agreements with UFSM: Partner Universities
PS.: For further information about the selection processes at your institution, check the dates and necessary documentation with the Office in charge of International Mobility at your univeristy.